Ergonomics — "Easy does it"
Freewing frees the thumb from its traditional position by transferring the weight of the instrument to the area between the thumb and forefinger with its stronger muscles. The position of the thumb is thus ergonomically enhanced, making playing more comfortable and avoiding repetitive stress injuries.
- improves the ergonomics of hand and thumb,
- releases muscular tension in the hand and
- makes for more relaxed playing.
The modified hand position
- makes changes of register easier,
- enhances nuanced sound production and
- improves overall control of the instrument.
When used by young players and pupils Freewing promotes the adoption of correct hand and finger positions. The more effortless playing position makes practicing more effective – playing becomes easier and more enjoyable.